Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTL, divide by 24 and 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

By seeing that there is a lot of interest in TTL technology I will put some schema's on this forum re the building of TTL clocks.

I have to go through my old notes as well but I'm more than happy to help anyone out.
I'm old fashioned in a way that i like the older technology a lot more than the newer PIC IC's which are capable of a lot more for less work I guess.

TTL is robust, power hungry but very reliable.
At home i have various TTL clocks running well over 15 to 20 years with no problems whatsoever.

**broken link removed**

divide by 24 circuit.

**broken link removed**

divide by 12 circuit, for people who like the AM, PM system.

Both circuits can be built with two 7490's and one (½) 7400 IC.

Very few people can say they've had a micro controller running for 15 or 20 years without a hitch. Given that though, with what they're capable of I still like em better than discrete logic =) Probably doesn't help I was born into a throw it a way society, especially with modern electronics. Once it's 'outdated' it's like a brick. TTL logic circuits are going to be here for a long time to come, and with the ever increasing switching losses of mosfets on high frequency chips TTL and ECL logic are going to come around into the standard view a bit.

On1aag.

I'm a dutch electrician who emigrated to New Zealand in 1988.

Pre 1988 I was already building TTL clocks in The Netherlands.

I always keep documentation at hand, books, notes, magazines for reference.

You name, pseudoniem looks dutch to me too.

Regards, Raymond from The Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back