Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to source replacement transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe white

Hi all, First time posting.
Ive got some portable low voltage emegency lights (6V lead acid)
but the Transistors for the flosecent starter/controller have blown , But im having a hell of a time trying to source replacements

The Details on the transistor are " H/882 3DTAP" They look a tad Like a SOT32 Package other than i nothing else on them, Hope somebody can help Thanks Joe

3D BC856S Sie DO - pnp separate pair gp AF
3D MMBTH81L Mot N SOT23 UHF pnp fT 600MHz
3D- BC856W Phi - SOT323 -
3Dp BC856 Phi - SOT23 -
3Dt BC856 Phi - SOT23 -
3Dt BC856W Phi - SOT323 -

Erm i dont know what kind of reply that is, Im after where to buy , ive given all the information i have. Joe

The reply says there are no exact matches. The ones listed are the closest to the string you gave. You probably have no chance of finding a replacement since they are probably private labeled for exactly the purpose of preventing you from identifying the part and allowing you to repair the unit.

Last edited:
Did you mean SOT23? If that's what you meant, then the BC856 is a commonly available transistor. It's not an obscure house number at all.

There isn't room on the SOT23 package to write very much.

Last edited:
My bad. Then it does look like house number and like Papabravo wrote, you're at the mercy of the manufacturer.

If you have the manufacturer's name and model number someone may have more info. If you have one that still works it may be possible to learn some more (NPN, PNP, MOSFET, BJT) from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back