Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to identify a switch - any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis C PGA

Hello all. I am trying to identify a snap-action switch that I need to replace, and I was hoping someone on here might be able to help. I am attaching pictures of a custom switch that I need to replace that has a specialized plunger on it. I know I won't be able to find the custom switch, but I am hoping to find the generic version and then either transfer over my plunger or have a replacement fabricated. I am attaching pictures of the switch in question to this post, and I am listing what I know of the switch below. I remember working with an off-the-shelf version years back, but I don't remember the part number. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. It is my hope that if someone knows who makes this and what series the generic version of the switch is, I will be able to track down a manufacturer's datasheet and find my replacement. Thanks!!!

What I know about it:
  • The "custom" part numbers stamped on the switches are "26-2205-4" and "G10-4"...
  • The case has a molded in "C-H" logo (Cutler Hammer, I think?) and the "V-code" 81640 (which shows as Safran)...
Or if anyone could point me in the direction of someone who might know, that would be appreciated as well.
  • 025_resize.JPG
    026_resize.JPG
    027_resize.JPG

Eaton have taken over Cutler-Hammer I believe, when this happens often a line can get dropped, it does not look familiar so you may have to end up subbing it, is it crytical as to physical properties?
Max.

Hello all. I am trying to identify a snap-action switch that I need to replace, and I was hoping someone on here might be able to help. I am attaching pictures of a custom switch that I need to replace that has a specialized plunger on it. I know I won't be able to find the custom switch, but I am hoping to find the generic version and then either transfer over my plunger or have a replacement fabricated. I am attaching pictures of the switch in question to this post, and I am listing what I know of the switch below. I remember working with an off-the-shelf version years back, but I don't remember the part number. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. It is my hope that if someone knows who makes this and what series the generic version of the switch is, I will be able to track down a manufacturer's datasheet and find my replacement. Thanks!!!

What I know about it:
  • The "custom" part numbers stamped on the switches are "26-2205-4" and "G10-4"...
  • The case has a molded in "C-H" logo (Cutler Hammer, I think?) and the "V-code" 81640 (which shows as Safran)...
Or if anyone could point me in the direction of someone who might know, that would be appreciated as well.

Hy Dennis,

Welcome to ETO. I see you are from the USA, so parts supply should not be a problem. Care to tell us which State.

As you probably know, Cutler Hammer were bought by Eaton Corporation in 1978.

I have done a search using the part numbers on your switch, but no luck.

In order to get a functional replacement we will need to know the switch function as follows:

(1) Environmental aspects (temperature, humidity etc)

(2) Safety aspects (is this a safety critical component)

(3) Voltage switched

(4) Current switched

(5) What load is switched (inductive, capacitive, etc)

A general description of the switch use would also help.

spec

Is this an Aux contact block off a contactor etc?
If so you could search using those key words. If it is possible to alter the mounting etc?
Max.
nvx6iu-eaton-10250t2-image_1.jpg

I do recall a similar application where the original switch could not be located.
I believe one of the Eaton's D26Mxxx series switches was eventually used.---w/some modification.
Do a search for "relay latch switch" in mscdirect and filter by brand to Eaton Cutler-Hammer or try Eaton's site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back