Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to build USB PIC programmer, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

inuyasha10121

Hello everyone. Well, to make a long storry short, I'm in need of a USB PIC programmer, on the cheap. My computer doesn't have a serial port or a parallel port. I bought a USB -> serial cable for a JDM cable...then found out that JDMs don't work with USB->serial cables. So, I was wondering if anyone knew of a PIC Programmer I could build that would work with USB or the cable I bought. The programmer has to be able to program a PIC18F4550, and it would be nice if it programmed more, like a PIC16F84, etc. I had an idea of having an onboard FT232R chip, but I don't really know how I would connect it to the main PIC18F4550(I read something about a RS232 level shifter, but I don't know really what thats about) So, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back