Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Try my webbcambattletank, with paintball over the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magi55

Hi.

I have now maybe the first Internet game in the world with remote controlled robot tanks.

I have now three mini tanks in front of a camera.
I use these for this first test arena: "battling micro tanks"
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

These can be controlled from all over the world.

www.gamereality.se

You need PC, Internet Explorer(IE), min 0.5 Mbit/sec and download an activex to be able to control it(if you don’t have it) …..

For now you have to contact me, so I can activate to tanks for you.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Login: minitank / 4455

Mouseclick in camera view to activate controls and use w,a,s,d on the keyboard . Mouseclick is fire
The controls are a bit strange on tank3, when turning it move turret about 30 degrees before it turns.
Contact me 24/7 for a test game.

MSN / spidg@hotmail.com
AIM, Skype, Yahoo / jlivingstonsg
ICQ / 253455478

Here is web IM:

http://www.researchhaven.com/Chat.htm

I also made this wireless webcam tank at my university in Sweden at LTH.

Wanna try it?

(This is a funny avatar I found. But it is almost like this it works.)
**broken link removed**

I have equiped it with paintball and laserdome weapons and a red dot aim.

Contact me for a test drive.

MSN / spidg@hotmail.com

**broken link removed**

Here is a movie made from a guy in Norway:
**broken link removed**

This is a site a guy did after a test drive from Australia.

http://www.roaringsnake.com/misc/article_tank.htm

Prototype 2

**broken link removed**

Do you think it would be interesting to have a Internet game with real webcamrobots in a paintball/laserdome battle and be able to hunt real people with the robot?

-------------------------------------------
You can be any where in the world in 30 seconds but as a webcam robot.
You can have a webcam robothumanoid at home and when you need your house cleaned you rent a guy in asia to control your robot and he clean your house from a pc in china. Then you rent a mechanic to fix your car from france. Then you want a professional cook to make you a dinner so you rent a guy from Italy to fix the dinner in your kitchen. And so on.....

--------------------
I have the robot in Sweden.
Scandinavia and north of Europe get a delay/lag around 0.3-0.5 sec.
The rest of the world get a delay/lag around 1-3 sec becouse they have a satellite link.
Some few people get lucky and dont get a satellite link from USA or Australia and then get a delay/lag around 0.5-1 sec.
I will try to upgrade the web camera robots, so they will be able to compeate against real people on a paintball/laserdome arena/field.

Prototype X

**broken link removed**

------------------------------
Regards Magi :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's a fascinating vision of the future that is closer than most would like to believe. Commercial aircraft have for years had the capability to take off / land and navigate thanks to computers,thankfully human pilots are still employed as a backup system and to reassure passengers.

Time delay/lag still remains an imoveable stumbling block, so I doubt we shall ever see a tele operator from New Zealand (or further afield) driving a New York taxi cab ,then again ... one never can be to sure.
One mine in Australia has expermented with remote operated vehicles.

Keypads, mice, Joysticks and steering wheels are fine for controlling vehicles but much work still remains to be done regarding the man-machine interface for more dexterous manipulators. Force feedback to the operator is going to be crucial for many applications.

Here's a nice shot of the Zeus surgery system that is being evaluted by NASA for a posibble deployment aboard the ISS.
**broken link removed**

tansis said:
It's a fascinating vision of the future that is closer than most would like to believe. Commercial aircraft have for years had the capability to take off / land and navigate thanks to computers,thankfully human pilots are still employed as a backup system and to reassure passengers.

Time delay/lag still remains an imoveable stumbling block, so I doubt we shall ever see a tele operator from New Zealand (or further afield) driving a New York taxi cab ,then again ... one never can be to sure.

Keypads, mice, Joysticks and steering wheels are fine for controlling vehicles but much work still remains to be done regarding the man-machine interface for more dexterous manipulators. Force feedback to the operator is going to be crucial for many applications.

Here's a nice shot of the Zeus surgery system that is being evaluted by NASA for a posibble deployment aboard the ISS.
**broken link removed**

Do you want to try my tank go to my chatt and ask for a testdrive here

http://gamereality.se/Chatt/phpMyChat.php3

I can do that today if you can avoid satelitelinks to my tank.
Regards Magi

tansis said:

**broken link removed**

Look what a guy from Australia , Sidney wrote....

http://www.roaringsnake.com/misc/article_tank.htm

Regards Magi :lol:

Hi.
I have been invited to one of the worlds biggest LAN-meeting called DreamHack in Sweden.
DreamHack Summer 2005 on Elmia in Jönköping 16 - 19 juni.

There u can see my tank live, being controlled from all over the world.

I will demonstrate my "Man against Machine" arena.
People will be able to come to the arena and battle against webcamrobots in a paintball/laserdombattle.
So I will have the first Internetgame in the world where you can hunt real people on your screen.

Skynet is here.......... heheheheheeee

Regards Magi

:)

This is the future :)

**broken link removed**

Regards Magi

Hi Magi - I just wanted to say that I think that your work on this tank is very cool. So how did you set it up? Is there a small computer onboard? Or is everything controlled wirelessly from another computer?

NleahciM said:
Hi Magi - I just wanted to say that I think that your work on this tank is very cool. So how did you set it up? Is there a small computer onboard? Or is everything controlled wirelessly from another computer?

I use a axis 2420 from axis.com as a brain so the whole webcamrobot is onits own with a IP, server and homepage of its own and its wireless.

Regards Magi

I have now got in contact with a company is Sweden that is interested in building a test arena with some laserdom-webcamrobots.

If everything works out all right we will begin build the arena in a month. I guess it will be up and running in 2-3 months if we are lucky....

I have two audio alternatives.
1. Stereosound from stereomicrophone in every webcamrobot. You will with this system be able to hear from where you get an attack.

2. Monosound, two way, so that you can drive up to another webcamrobot and talk with it over the web. But you wont be able to hear from what direction the sound comes from.

What system would you prefer?
I gues the first stereosystem is to consider becouse the ability to talk, pilot to pilot, can be done with skype or ventrilo and so on. And then every one else cant here the discussion.

I will probably get airsoft tanks and mount laserdomweapons on them.

Hi.

Updating my post for any interested.

Regards Magi

Hi,
Nice work on the tank.
I get the network camera but what harware are you using for the tank control? Pan, tilt, shoot and drive etc.

Cheers
Bones

Hi.

Well its a secret for the moment.

I can tell you that I use a AXIS 2420 network camera and its RS232 to control my camrobots.
I reprogram the camera and make a website with the camera view in the camera.

Thats all I can say for the moment becouse I am possibly going live with a new robot arena in a near future.

Regards Magi

Hi,
Secret HA. Either you are using an Xport by www.lantronix.com or maybe a rabbit www.rabbitsemiconductor.com or maybe a Digi Connect Me www.digi.com or did you go embedded chip and write your own TCPip stack.
Or one of these **broken link removed**

I'm not trying to steal your thunder or your design code.
I was interested because I'm using an xport for my robot.

Giving everybody on this forum at least an idea of where to start on a project like yours for themselves is what this forum is about.

If everyone helps others will make design time a whole lot quicker and everyone have a broader knowledge on electroncs.

So next time someone searches for ethernet to serial device on this forum they might get this post with links on it to devices or if they PM me I would be glad to let them know what I know about these devices.

Building one of these was in Servo magazine acouple of months ago with the code anyway.

P.S. share share share share share share share share share share share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back