Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triac controlled voltage reducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cometa

Looking for a compact Triac controlled voltage reducer, 15-20 amps, 110 volts.A/C. ( like a fixed dimmer!), to handle both resistive and inductive loads.
Control is to automatically reduce incoming voltage by 10%

Main supply voltage fluctuates between 110 & 125 volts. Circuit design must include R.F. filter, and a list all component and suppliers if possible.

Search Google for voltage reducer.

They have HUNDREDS listed.

The 3rd result listed in my search gave a design capable of 12amps.

Follow the builders instructions for increasing that, add an RF filter and you have everything.

Failing that - buy one.

Thanks for your advice, but the Google sites, list only 12 & 24 DC volts voltage reducers.I need circuits for 110 volts AC applications.

Just like I said....

The THIRD result.

**broken link removed**

Pilot - that design doesn't seem to provide automatic control.

As I understand it, cometa wants something that doesn't require adjustment - it senses the incoming voltage, and automatically adjusts itself to give constant 110V output.

Pilot you were right I found one circuit with a transformer...many thanks for your help. However, I am still looking for a compact device using a Triac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back