Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmission line

Status
Not open for further replies.

samina

1. if a transmission line were purely resistive would it be possible to raise receiving voltage by static capacitor?
2.if the load is suddenly disconnected, what would be the problems, what precaution if any must be taken?

i will be obliged if any one provide me the answers

1) What do you mean? It would just be a resistor, no power will be transmitted because all of it would be absorbed so that question (assuming I've interpreted it correctly) is meaningless.

2) You'd get reflections and if a clase C stage is used to drive the load, the switching transistor's maximum voltage rating might be exceeded which will distroy the transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back