Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy007

Hello Everyone, I am new With Electronics and also french.
Sory for any typing errors.

I have just purchase a Intertan 300 in one electronic project lab.
As a beginner it leads you a to the first project which you have all the parts in one bag.

In that bag i have transistors 5 pnp (axxx) and 5 npn and I am not sure how to tell the difference between the 2.

On the flat surface one as a number c1740 and underneat it it has ,
s r c and the - over the c.

The other one have the number a933 and the letters s r a and the a has the - over it. Can someone let me know how which one is which.
Please Advise thanks Paul.

Hi Frenchy,
www.google.com on the internet is where you can find lots of information.
Try searching for 2sc1740 and 2sa933. They have a Japanese numbering system.

It's been a long time since I've worked with Japanese transistors, but aren't 2SAxxxx numbers always PNP, 2SBxxxx numbers always NPN and 2SCxxx and 2SDxxxx a bit up for grabs, taking in FETs, SCRs, and such as well?

Dean

2SA - PNP HF
2SB - PNP LF
2SC - NPN HF
2SD - NPN LF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back