Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistors - What is A,[GR/BL/Y] suffix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blight

Hi!

I have a damaged Yamaha AX-870 audio amplifier... since the output stage is damaged i guess i have to replace all transistors after the DC-coupling capacitors (i am a noob)...
I have found all the parts at a german shop but in the schematic (**broken link removed** red circles mark parts with visible damage and yellow circles are output stage transistors which i have compared to the ones from the other, working channel and IIRC have shortcuts or other damage) the 2 transistors at the inputs of the output stage have an "A" suffix (i.e. I have found 2SB1186 but the schematic says B1186A[D/E]) - is the A something like low-noise which is more expensive? what does the D/E mean?
For another transistor the schematic says A1015[Y] - should i try to get 2SA1015Y or 2SA1015 now?
Also on some site i have seen 2SA970 GR and 2SA970 BL (the schematic says A970[GR/BL]) but the german shop only has 2SA970 - i guess it would work using the parts without the suffixes but i would like to know what they mean! (especially when some seem to be "explicitly stated" like it says B1186A and not B1186[A]) or are these letters meaningless?
:roll:

Thanks,
blight

They are selected gain figures,

2SA970 - 200 min.
2SA970GR - 200/400
2SA970BL - 350/700

I wouldn't expect them to make a great deal of difference, there's still going to be a very high open-loop gain - it might make a very slight difference to the distortion figures, but nothing audible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back