Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor switch problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamnak

Hey Guys, I need to discharge a capacitor into a battery, but the problem is i need a switch that will allow the transistor to build to 2v dc then discharge to .6 v dc then repeat. This circuit cant use any external voltage. any ideas?

Hey Guys, I need to discharge a capacitor into a battery, but the problem is i need a switch that will allow the transistor to build to 2v dc then discharge to .6 v dc then repeat. This circuit cant use any external voltage. any ideas?
What sort of power supply (battery?) is charging the capacitor?

hey Ron, thanks for replying, ok i have made progress with what i am trying to do, to explain to you further i am trying to take the charge from a 2.5 volt 10F capacitor and store it in a battery. I have gotten to the stage where all i need is a circuit that is normally closed, that only turns on when the capacitor reaches 2 volts and turns off when it drains to .4 to .6 volts, then repeat the process. the only power that is comming in the circuit is from the shaking of the magnet through the coils,( the flashlights that dont need batteries). Is there a switch that will be normally closed and only open for to dump the capacitor and using only a small voltage from the capacitor to do so?

making progress

i need the circuit to run from a 3 volt cr2032 battery, this is waht i need it to do.
1. activate a normally closed relay at 2 volts
2. deactivate when the voltage drops to .8 volts
if possible maybe some potentio meters could be added to make fine adjustments.

thanks

I will build this circuit and see if it works out for my project, thanks for the help. I will post the results.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back