Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor specs needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOTON

Help me pls to identify these transistors. I need to change few of them. Seems like Motorolla made.
  • 110 3CA M 349
  • 110 1CB M 348
IMG_20180201_005600-01.jpeg.5552e3ff8218c1fb5553c22ec188570e.jpeg
IMG_20180201_005534-01.jpeg.362fcd0d4e5740d2a8af99e8809e62b2.jpeg

The numbers may well be 'in-house' so totally meaningless, do you have a schematic of the board? - it's generally best (and easier) to choose a replacement for what it does, not trying to copy the specs of the original.

The numbers may well be 'in-house' so totally meaningless, do you have a schematic of the board? - it's generally best (and easier) to choose a replacement for what it does, not trying to copy the specs of the original.
I only know the board's model (F2AF-14A608-AC), but can't find any schematics. It's airbag control module from 94' ford probe.
yG4ZhXy.jpg

I only know the board's model (F2AF-14A608-AC), but can't find any schematics. It's airbag control module from 94' ford probe.

In which case they are almost certainly in-house numbers, and no data will be available.

Why do you want to replace them?, they look VERY unlikely to be a device that fails.

The last thing in a car that I would be screwing with is the air bag controller.

I totaly agree with MikeMI. There is no way you can test it to verfy it is fixed.

Les.

In which case they are almost certainly in-house numbers, and no data will be available.

Why do you want to replace them?, they look VERY unlikely to be a device that fails.
As an example i showed good ones. There are few capacitors dead and transistors too affected. Just wanted to get any information before get started to remove the componets. And seems like it's easyer to grab working part from local salvage. Anyway, thank you all!
Oxazeea.jpg
FvMXRbB.jpg

For something which could save your life someday, is it worth trying to repair it and always be unsure whether it would perform as it should when that time comes?
As others have said, a module like that should not be messed with and then returned to a vehicle.
If you want to repair it for educational purposes that's fine, but don't risk your life, or the lives of others by installing it in any vehicle.

this is one component that should be replaced by a dealership. the reason is very simple. if you get in an accident, and the airbag fails to deploy, and somebody dies, it's your fault, because you messed with the airbag board. they will look at the board, see that it was repaired, and will blame you for the failure. this is a critical safety device. if the above scenario happens, and the dealership replaced it, it's on Ford, not you. if the dealership replaces it, you know it's been replaced by a factory made part, and not transistors you were guessing might be the right ones. you don't want to put people's lives in the balance for "might be the right transistor"

quite often you will see data sheets for semiconductors, with a disclaimer that says something to the effect of "this component has not been reliability tested to meet "safety of life" standards. do not use this component in safety critical applications"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back