Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi if anyone can

I'm wondering if anyone can Id. me a transistor type as I'm looking for information on these.

The case is TO-3?
written on it is
OC36 G7614

The photo is not a good one but hope it helps.

This transistor belongs to a bank of transistor that drive clock distribution board.I'm looking at getting this running but I want to id the components so's to understand the circuit.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSC00160.JPG
    DSC00160.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00158.JPG
    DSC00158.JPG
    334 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00164.JPG
    DSC00164.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC00155.JPG
    DSC00155.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 168
It's just OC36 Germanium power transistor on TO-3! Little data is available on datasheet. Search on google.

Data sheet for your transistor:

Attachments

• OC36-etc.pdf
    39.6 KB · Views: 198
What a beautiful piece of equipment. Really a very worthwhile restoration project.
The images are not very good, but the labels appear like they are written in Russian...

What a beautiful piece of equipment. Really a very worthwhile restoration project.
The images are not very good, but the labels appear like they are written in Russian...

Hi schmitt

Your right it is a beautiful piece of equipment:D quite rare being x 12 1 sec Alternating slaves, much quieter than the normal DC. slaves with a clonk each second.

I have to find out what the transistors are doing within the circuit to help understand whats going on.The main goal is finding the voltage required to run the system.

I can't wait to see it running myself but one step at a time!!!

I will take some better photos as there's no Russian on the labels:eek: they refer to rooms within the BBC.

Cheers!!

Distribution board input.

Hi

Please see better photos of the Distribution board.

Any idea why so many Transistors? there are 12 slaves but 25 transistors.

How can I work out the operating voltage?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    620.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    505.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    539.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    597.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    504.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    486.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    614.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    436.5 KB · Views: 161
I would assume the "Alternating slaves" requires a bipolar pulse so you need 2 transistors in push pull configuration. With only 2 transistors per slave clock coil, that's 24 per slave, though I don't know why you just couldn't drive multiple slaves with a single pair of transistors. Unless those are syncros.

I would assume the "Alternating slaves" requires a bipolar pulse so you need 2 transistors in push pull configuration. With only 2 transistors per slave clock coil, that's 24 per slave, though I don't know why you just couldn't drive multiple slaves with a single pair of transistors. Unless those are syncros.

Hi Kchiste

Interesting thought!! so if I had a constant 1 sec pulse (high) the bipolar transistor circuit would alternate that then?

Could you show me an example of a bipolar transistor circuit please?

Cheers!!

The two people to talk to on here are RODALCO and oliverb.
They both have experience with master/slave clocks.
The type of drive method would depend on the coil. How many leads per coil? 2 or 3?
There are various methods of making a classB push-pull amplifier. Here's one example:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/11/PushPullAmp-1.pdf

Hi
No probs pal!! I have experience in slaves and masters but this is not the norm.Usually With Alternating polarity slaves we use changeover relays so transistors just threw me!!

My master gives out a positive pulse every 2 seconds but with the relay attached it gives (1 sec +) and (1 sec -) which drives the type of slave s shown in the board.

Cheers I will dig deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back