Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor flashing LED question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksydney

Hello,

I'm new in electronics and just started, I came across this website that have lots and lots of good circuit that beginner like me can follow. I'm looking at the following circuit and what confused me is in circuit B how does the transistor make the LED flash. Reading on transistor I can understand that it is used for switching and also for gain but can't understand how it can flash the LED ?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
The LED marked as 'flashing' is the type that has an inbuilt circuit that flashes the LED, so if you apply a DC voltage to the 'flashing' type LED it will flash at about 1 per second or so.

As the' flashing' type LED is in the Base circuit of the transistor it will also switch the transistor On/Off and the regular LED will so flash.
OK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back