Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaunhi

Help required please,
I am a newbie to the electronics world (although I am very capable at soldering wires together). I am currently building a capaitor discharge unit which specifies a TIP31 transistor (which are rated at 40 volts) . Can someone tell me if I can use a TIP31C (rated at 100V) instead. my peak voltage in the circuit is approx 20V. I have been searching everywhere for this info but have so far drawn a blank. :?:

40v is the max it can handle if i'm not mistaken, so if you use anything >20v you should be ok.

Shauni, just so there's no misunderstanding,
the tip31 is good for 40v and the tip31c 100v....if your circuit supply is 20v then the tip31 is ok... 8)

i think that we didnt misunderstand....
here is what i understood. in the circuit the transisto needed was TIP31, but this guy has a TIP31C and wants to know if he can use that instead of the one in the schematic.
and yes, the both work if the circuit is powered with about 20V

Thanks Pilot, its supposed to be an animated GIF, it normally rotates, but to get it here I had to reduce its size and lost its spinning properties in the process :cry:

Its also my avatar on lots of other boards too, if you come across me 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back