Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor BD912

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_admire

Hi alll , i have a circuit board of an amp which requires a new set of transistors (BD(912). are there any high power transistors which can replace these ones preferably Mosfets and are there any other things that need to be changed if i am to replace them.

There are probably high power transistors that will swap in. However... these are BJTs which have very different electrical characteristics from MOSFETs, the most notable (to me at least) is the fact that BJTs are current driven, while MOSFETs are voltage driven. The simple answer is to replace with a compatible BJT.

Your best bet is to look at the datasheet (several here: BD912 Datasheet pdf - COMPLEMENTARY SILICON POWER TRANSISTORS - SGS Thomson Microelectronics) make note of the relevant characteristics (max current, voltage, and power dissipation; Hfe curves; possibly other factors) and try to find something similar among other transistors. You could try looking up on Digikey or Mouser using their search function.

Is the problem that you can't find these transistors? Another option is to see if NTE lists a cross reference. (that's the only place I know of that has a convenient cross ref online, but maybe there are others).

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back