Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transformer's in series

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last time? Do you expect this to happen more than once? o_O

Well I figure if I die before my wife and she does the funeral anything like she does her suitcase packing I will be in and out of it more than just a few times. Face up. Face down. Left side, Right Side. Folded up. folded down. rolled up. Back to face up. :rolleyes:

Dragging this thread back roughly on to topic,:p, I think the question was:

"What size Allen keys do I need to remove the turns counter knobs?"

So, I have a similar turns counter on a piece of equipment, and the Allen key which fits (snugly) measures 0.0345 inches across the flats.

JimB

Dragging this thread back roughly on to topic,:p, I think the question was:

"What size Allen keys do I need to remove the turns counter knobs?"

So, I have a similar turns counter on a piece of equipment, and the Allen key which fits (snugly) measures 0.0345 inches across the flats.

JimB
All i got to do now is find one :D
It must be a non standard size, we have a large set of keys both metric and old school, there are some very tiny ones, but nothing fitted. I am resisting brute force on one, to get a better look. Man they seem to cost a fortune! Maybe dad can grind a key down to the size you said

I normally drag out my precision screwdriver set which has some hex drivers and find one of those that fits.

seeing how the case is a RS part, is it likely that the rest of the thing was made with RS stuff?.
RS have a stock number 199-5195 (imperial) with sizes 0.028, 0.035, 050, etc. The 0.035 Allen key is stock no. 609-708. Is this the size yr after?

It could be, the case isn't in the house. So will check in morning, I will also take another picture, this will show why i cant get in to actually see what size it is. They are mounted in a really hard to get too part, so i couldn't see for sure what shape the hole was, or its size. I had to poke about with a pin to find a hole, before i found it, i had no idea why after undoing the nut thing it wouldn't come off, i assumed it would lift off, and when it didn't, i went pin poking :D
So nothing to loose, and you guy's seem to have cracked it, all of it make's sense. So tomorrow hopefully i can get you know who, to order one.
I am in the poo, for some the comments i made the other night. So begging is probably required:meh:

Looks like you need to put a set of micro flat, phillips, hex and torx drivers on your X-mas list!

While you're asking put in a word about needle drills too. Most local welding supply shops carry them and know them as torch nozzle drill bits. You never know when you're going to need a set of sub millimeter holes drilled. :cool:

He has the screw drivers and has tried them. and sub mm drill bits, they are identical to the ones i used to have in my workshop! the drill's go down to around 0.1 mm i think.
Even the marks on the handles of the screwdrivers look exactly like the ones i had:rolleyes: I did ask if he had seen mine, but apparently he thinks i must have " MISLAID" mine!:facepalm:

I see. My dad and my brother plus at least one neighbor have some tools in their sets that look exactly like some of mine (right down to the marks and my initials on a few) that have disappeared over the years. :rolleyes:

I dont see why people have to try and copy what someone else s tools look like! LG is the worst, every time he gets a new tool he must spend large amounts of time making sure they look exactly like the ones i have lost

I have made it a point to go through everyones tool sets a few weeks before X-mas or a birthday to see what tools they need. It's pretty easy to figure out who needs what. I just look for my missing items and go and buy them their own. :p

It took me about 5 years but my brother now has a socket collection that could rival most well equipped service shops! :rolleyes:

I have some multiturn pot knobs with dials on, these have 1/32 allen keys in them, I was lucky enough to get one still in its bag with the allen key.

I will se what i can do for him in the morning, it's very stormy tonight! Thank you for all the information, at least he now knows what to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back