Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbymcduff

I need help finding a transformer. Again I had no luck on the internet. :cry: What it is in is a Apex AD-1000 DVD player. The number on the transformer is BCK-6D. Now I don't know if that is the number, but it is the only one on the transformer. I need to see a diagram of it. Also some typical voltages in, and out. :lol:

If anybody knows or finds anything on that transformer, let me know :D

Thanks again. I also came to find out last week that it was not the transformer, but instead the MOSFET that drove it.

It was the power transformer. The one in the switching power supply of the dvd player. But it wasn't what i thought.

herbymcduff said:
It was the power transformer. The one in the switching power supply of the dvd player. But it wasn't what i thought.
Why a mosfet drives the power transformer?
Don't power transformers just connect to the plug through a fuse, switch and surge protection/noise blocking circuits?

Star882, you are right. I just got my wording wrong. Yes the power transformer connects to the AC line. I was thinking of the switching transformer. You know the one where you have a bridge, the filter cap, transformer. The MOSFET drives the switching transformer. Look at a switching power supply schematic to get an idea of what I was talking about. Sorry for the confusion, the DVD player if fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back