Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transformer source

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithg

I am making a pedal charger for a 12v 3 ah battery using a ceiling fan generator making over 150vac. I assume current would be improved if a transformer limits the voltage? If so, I need a source for a 220vac to 18vac transformer. Mouser does not seem to stock this. Is there a salvageable alternative?

hi,

Think you will find Mouser do stock such transformers - look for ones that have 220 or 230v primaries or dual 115v which can be wired as 230v.
The 10v difference is negligable.

18v outputs are available , again some with dual taps as 9-0-9 or as part of a multitap output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back