Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falks

Hey, I was wondering, how can I get two outputs from a 24v transformer, one for 24v and another for 12v? I've heard of centre-tapping but I'm not sure how to do it, or the transformer in mind is suitable. Thanks for your help.
P.S What does VA stand for? The mentioned transformer states it is a "standard 6VA 24v transformer." It comes from Maplin. Any help will be much appreciated.

If the transformer doesnt have a center tap already you cannot add one.
But you can still get the voltages you need by using voltage regulators, after you add a rectifier of course.

VA stands for Volt Amps, you could loosely think of it as the equivalent of DC watts ( volts x amps) but not exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back