Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Total brain freeze!!! Whats the correct name for..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
I have no idea why, but having wracked my brain all day and trying google guesses, I cant find or remember what this device is.

You know the things that tell you what colour something is? they are used for say when you take an object in to a paint shop and they use this sensor to get the colour so they can make the paint up. The one I used to have and the one I want, was/might still be sold by spark fun. it was a sensor and told you what colour light was pointing at it.

I kid you not, even now i cant get remotely close to what they are called!! I have a complete mental block on what they call them! I know its dead simple and I can even picture it in my mind, but i cant even think of what to google for!! Hopefully someone can get what I am on about from the description!! Its awful, its like forgetting what a pencil is called and barely being able to describe what it does!!

I need to look at a data sheet for one and possibly get one of these things again. oh and light thingy in google dosnt bring it up!

Colourimeter by any chance?

JimB

I have one, the one with the built in white led, I cant tell you what it is either, I think spark fun call it a colour sensor.
Maybe its a refractometer or something.

Spectrophotometer?

Its not a refractometer, I have one of those for checking anti freeze, its not even electronic.

Thanks alot, your spot on!!

It drove me mad! I couldnt even explain its function lol. glad to see they still do them. Not looking forward to dementia!!!

Its not so bad ghostie, you mess something up then forget all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back