Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TOSHIBA LCD PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsatellite

Hi everyone... I am new to this forum and posted this yesterday in the wrong category. Customer has a Toshiba37AV502U that has no pic no sound. the green LED repeatedly blinks "one long, the a short". would this be the power supply board, or the control/main board?

Thanks
Phil

You can check the PSU and make sure its got correct outputs , but what you got seems related to main board.

Thanks BGAmodz... what I could check on to PS (not having a schematic) is ok. I had a tv/satellite shop uptown for 25 years. After the 1880's building I was renting was damaged in the earthquake, the whole block was demolished. I built a smaller shop off the main drag and in the interim, both my TV techs went elsewhere. Therefore I dropped my Toshiba warranty status and can no longer get tech assistance and schematics from them. I am looking for a "tech help" site for the "normal" brands of TV's folks call about. I handled the satellite side of the business and let my other techs service TV's. When I did do bench work it was mainly audio and CRT.
On the 37" I was leaning towards the main board as well. A schematic would indicate a probable problem via the LED blink pattern, as well as voltage points on the PS.
Thanks again
Phil

Since the led blinking is there the PSU is OK , and the main board is detecting certain anomaly that expresses it by a led blinking pattern .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back