Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba Laptop A105-s2131 Screen with vertical lines after dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

julian734

Hey all. I have a Toshiba Laptop that was dropped and now displays a screen full of verticle lines. I can see movement when I move the mouse and do anything on the screen but its all distorted within the verticle lines. Works fine when plugged into external monitor so I know its the lcd itself. My question is, is it possible to repair the lcd instead of replace it? Honestly its an older slow laptop thats not worth the cost of buying and replacing the lcd...Id rather give a shot at repairing it since its not cracked. Any ideas? Thanks...Pic below.
**broken link removed**

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
you may get lucky on this one and find its just a single lose pin on the ribbon leading to the screen, best to open it up, find any cracks in the board, and check that connection to screen that it is securely in place, push it in a bit for conformation, (small wires, eyes cant see disconnection sometimes), piece of cake

you can find maintenance manuals for laptops on the web....to find the correct screw removal technique...er watever

I checked all of the wires in the main connector and all seems to be in order there. One thing I observed though, is when I plug the lcd back into the motherboard, the light slowly lights up to the lines as if its "warming up". I dont know if that means anything its just something I observed.

I've ordered used parts from www.pchub.com. If the laptop was opened when dropped, I'd suspect the ribbon cable.

If you can push around the top edge usually and the pic improves, I'd suspect the LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back