Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Topeak Whitelite 1W LED Cycle torch

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypandyplod

Hi,
I am trying to repair a 'Topeak Whitelite 1W LED Cycle torch'which is powered by a 3.7 volt CR123 battery.
I had to replace the Luxeon 1 watt LED.It works correctly at full brightness when connected to a 5v supply to the 3.5mm socket (allows a separate 5 volt battery to be connected).The push button allows Full on,Flashing and off.I found the 3 pin SMD device marked 015PB,(M1 on PCB),was open circuit.I have managed to get the torch to work by replacing it with a BC327 PNP transistor on short leads,because of its size.It appears the brightness is down 50%?.I cannot find any info on the faulty device,and wondered if it was a digital transistor,or a mosefet?I know there is a LD1117 3.3v output,used a constant current device,and a 5104A device used to boost the 3.7 volt battery to 5 volt. I have attached a PCB photo,and a circuit,which may not be completely correct.Any ideas please?

Attachments

• torch circuit.JPG
    torch circuit.JPG
    415.2 KB · Views: 252
  • PCB top view.jpg
    PCB top view.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 260
I think M1 is something like this **broken link removed**
its probably a mosfet, although I doubt its the one in the data sheet. I had trouble finding the exact part number. I think maybe you have the pins wrong on the pnp, without seeing how you have it wired I cant tell, maybe one the smart people can help

Thank you for your reply,I could not find anything with an 015 part number,and you have.The rough sketch I drew could well be wrong,it was just to find out what the device did,I know there are two main circuits.One is producing 5 volts from a 3.7 volt Lion cell. The second is a constant current circuit to drive the 1 watt LED at 350mA . It is only the upc which as usual a black blob with inputs and outputs which is hard to see what it is doing.

A couple of decent pics of the front and back of the board might help, it would at least give an idea if you have the transistor back to front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back