Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Too many articles from Design World lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
Electro-Tech-Online and EDA Board are now owned by Design World. Now I get a few e-mails every day about designing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.
Most of the stuff I never heard anything about before and I do not want to know anything about them.

For anyone else who are bothered by these e-mails it is easy to unsubscribe. I just did.

EDIT: MY ERROR I am so sensitized to the scum at Design News that when I saw the AG's post, my dyslexic brain saw Design News, instead of Design World. I have not had a problem recently with Design World, but if you have a problem and cannot unsubscribe successfully, you may want to consider the steps outlined below. John

I couldn't agree more. The source is UBM Canon in California. I have been trying to unsubscribe since at least February of this year (I had a PC problem and lost earlier unsubscribe notices).

Unsubscribing doesn't work. It now has another, probably affiliated spammer called "KM."

One action I took that did have an effect was to write directly to companies who advertise with UBM/Design News. Case on point, I saw that Mouser was one such advertiser. I wrote a nice letter to its marketing group suggesting that I was wary of dealing with companies that advertised though agents that did not respect my privacy or ignored unsubscribe requests. I received a phone call from a very pleasant lady at Mouser who corresponded with UBM, and the spam stopped almost instantly. It has now re-started, but I don't see Mouser's advertisements anymore.

Suggestion:
1) Unsubscribe and keep a record of it.
2) When you continue to get spam, write the companies that advertise with UBM Canon directly.
3) If I lived in the Bay area, I would take them to Small Claims Court.

John

Last edited:
Or ping me. If you're unsubscribing and still getting stuff then there's something wrong with our system. Send an email to dmiyares @ wtwh media DOT com (remove spaces do the dot etc) and I'll MAKE SURE YOU'RE OFF

The "unsubscribe page" is confusing. It lists a few things for you to check for them to be unsubscribed, but at first I was not sure that emails about posts in forums on EDA Board and Electro-Tech-Online will also be unsubscribed so I did not say to unsubscribe everything. Yesterday I got more "articles" from Design World I do not want so I unsubscribed from everything and today my e-mails about threads still work.

Yeah it lists out the options for receiving items. At the bottom is the unsubscribe everything or should be. Note that this is UNRELATED to the user forum so if you unsubscribe from the emails at the unsublink it won't effect any posts that you get directly from this forum.

Articles... can you send me one of those... want to figure out which property is sending these.

-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back