Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toner Transfer PCB... Possible on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job, perhaps you need to apply more pressure around the edges.

You can also normally fill in the gaps with a permanent marker pen.

Suraj143 said:
Wow thats great! Then I can use an old already printed magazine paper to print my design.

Thanks a lot guys.
Yes.

Hero999 said:
Good job, perhaps you need to apply more pressure around the edges.
While you can do a good job with a clothes iron it is easier to use a laminator if you can.

PulsarProFx sells a good transfer paper. Tip 3 on their site has a method on simulation the roller action of a laminator with a regular clothes iron. The index to their PCB tips follows.

Rolf said:
Why oval pads, more space for in-between traces? How many do you need?
Here is a sample of Express PCB, it uses round pads, you can get in two ten thousands traces, easily. I have only tried one.
Software allows for even thinner traces (.006) but I think that is just for commercial use.

Hi If you consider doing a very sensitive frequency generator or a VCO layout with square pad's there is a frequency disturbance happening in the corners (edges) of the square pads.If you look through an oscilloscope you will notice that.

I don't know what you mean, unless you're talking about >VHF the shape of the pads don't make much difference and even then, I don't see how it makes any difference whether they're square or circular!

I just gave this a try, it works great!

Are you ment to iron it on, soak and remove? As I ironed it on good and then lifted the paper off as I moved the iron back, basically, keeping it hot as you peel it off, worked better than I expected!

Ya, your supposed to iron it on then soak and remove. I still haven't given magazine paper a shot. I'll give it a try sometime.

Hi If you consider doing a very sensitive frequency generator or a VCO layout with square pad's there is a frequency disturbance happening in the corners (edges) of the square pads.If you look through an oscilloscope you will notice that.
NO. The only "problem" potentially caused at frequencies below several gHz is uneven etching.

The scope probe causes a disturbance that's greater than any possible influence due to the shape of a small pad.

problem with your pcb design

I didn't see any mention but you need to get the 90 degree bends to 45 degree.

I should mention that this is an old thread that's been bumped. Last time the original poster was here was 2007.

Ok, so after getting good results yesterday with the transfers I tried again tonight but with more thinner tracks, but not so good tonight.

what type of magazine paper works better, the thin or thicker type? and how long should I iron it for?

Never done it myself, but from previous posts it's supposed to be the thicker / glossy paper that's the best, and some people have experimented with a few different type before getting a type that works best for them.

From using the gloss photo paper, I tend to use pretty high heat and a 'decent' amount of pressure. Push fairly hard, but don't put all your weight on it.

These are only suggestions as I don't use it, but Hero999 hasn't been around since August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back