Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

to Marketable Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screech

WE all know how to design and produce our circuits (the insides), but how to get the outside to look like it was made by a multi milion dollar company?

I'm talking about the box that our circuits are housed in,
the buttons ,Knobs, text, etc for the final product.

The look has to be like the stuff we see and buy every day.

are there companies that will make short runs of custom plastic die injected housings for our circuits?
Or can you just get them to produce the whole product.

Do i have to live in taiwan ,and be the son of the general Managed of ??? to get this done?

Anyone gone this far before?

here's an example of what I'm talking about.
I don't know what it is, but I wish my projects could look that good.

Attachments

• example1.jpg
    example1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 452
You could certainly get short runs of anything made, the only problem is going to be the cost involved. The actual costs of the materials used is going to be fairly low, but the tooling and design costs are going to be large!.

I've no idea of the actual figures, but I would expect in the 10's of thousands of dollars?. If you then have 100,000 made, the unit cost will be nice and low - but if you only want 100, it's going to be far too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back