Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To Get Data from Mobile For Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenewton

:eek: Hello everybody

i m a student of electronics Engineering. i m going to make a project .
i have designed a project which gets the data through a temprature sensor & then sends it to the microcontroller. The microcontrollerAT80c51 cheks the data & then if data (temprature ) is more then some defined value then it sends an SMS through a mobile connected to the microcontroller to some other mobile & software is written in ASSEMBLY language & to access the mobilel , i m using AT commands

now for module 2 i wished to chek the mobile inbox wheather there is an sms from some specific number & if there is an sms in the inbox of mobile inbox, then wish to send a signal to the microcontroller AT80C51 so that it can generate a pulse or in other words can set an out put pin to drive a relay or some switching device , i need the assembly program help & also abt the circiutry to be arranged.
plz help me out.
take care
looking for ur reply , plz also reply at thenewton@hotmail.com

regards
Hafeez Ur Rehman
pakistan

It's doable.

I'm afraid nobody would post the ASSEMBLY code to you or the circuit diagram, you would have to do a great deal of work on your OWN.

You'll need a temperature sensor (a thermistor, Lm 35 etc). This you can interface to an ADC (say 0804); the micro acquires this through its 8-bit i/p.

If temperature is higher than reference value, send some binary value say '1' through the serial output of the micro to the micro/mobile interface.

The assembly shouldn't be difficult if you've done your homework of studying its architecture and instruction set.

Divide your project into blocks. You don't need to send a 'full-blown' SMS to the mobile just some elementary stuff you can interprete.

I'll stop here. If this doesn't move you forward and you're proposing this topic on your own accord & still love microcontrollers, I suggest you dropped it and do something equally interesting. There are many microcontroller projects on the NET.

Good Luck!

I've was working on a SMS message reader a while ago, but have placed the project on hold.

From what i remember, i used a nokia mobile phone (cell phone) and i bought a nokia data to USB lead, and just used hyper terminal to send commands to he phone.

I chopped the usb connector off and used the raw RS232 lines once i had the commands all figured out.

The phone resonds to AT commands, but you have to get a nokia phone that is xxxx compatable (cant remember the name of the protocol) and not all nokias are. Only the newer (last 1-2 year old) models.

I have sucessfully read the indox, and the entire message. And i have also sent a text message from the phone.

If you want my notes on the commands i sent, i'll try to dig them out.

hey
i need to make an electronics project and i have got all knowledge about 8051 and this project is really interesting can somebody please send me ssome notes so as to get some help
kybert please send the notes to me also my email id is princeishere2002@yahoo.com
thanks

thenewton said:

i have designed a project which gets the data through a temprature sensor & then sends it to the microcontroller. The microcontrollerAT80c51 cheks the data & then if data (temprature ) is more then some defined value then it sends an SMS through a mobile connected to the microcontroller to some other mobile & software is written in ASSEMBLY language & to access the mobilel , i m using AT commands

now for module 2 i wished to chek the mobile inbox wheather there is an sms from some specific number & if there is an sms in the inbox of mobile inbox, then wish to send a signal to the microcontroller AT80C51 so that it can generate a pulse or in other words can set an out put pin to drive a relay or some switching device , i need the assembly program help & also abt the circiutry to be arranged.
plz help me out.
take care

regards
Hafeez Ur Rehman
pakistan

Why we do this for u???

OK - just a quick update - I've just received this months EPE magazine (March 07), and it's got the first half of a two part article about controlling devices via SMS text messaging. It use FBUS2 on certain Nokia phones, and runs on an Atmel processor, providing 8 seperate switched outputs.

May be of use to the various people who keep asking about it?.

thenewton said:

plz help me out.
take care

regards
Hafeez Ur Rehman
pakistan

Well there is always the easy way... one tone for a one and one for a zero right off the micro's serial port into the mobile. A PLL to discern between the two at the other end into another micro or PC and you are done.

D.

Thnx a lot cadstar

hi
thnx for ur reply but i still need ur help plz can u make it more clear to me as i wish to use sms message to turn on & off to a switch through microcontroller
so plz make me more clear
thnx a lot

thenewton said:
hi
thnx for ur reply but i still need ur help plz can u make it more clear to me as i wish to use sms message to turn on & off to a switch through microcontroller
so plz make me more clear
thnx a lot

Newton,

It was nice chatting with you this afternoon, well at least that is what it was for me.

At any rate you will need an interface chip to allow you to connect.

I was thinking on the way home and realized if you could read it in a terminal it was plain text and you do not even have to download the message.

Therefore if your message was simply a string starting of characters, say "password_device_command", you could just have a loop read port looking for the message character by character and restarting when it got got a wrong character all the way through.

It either finds and executes the command or ignores the message.

D.

Attachments

• max232e.pdf
    357.9 KB · Views: 352
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back