Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To get a sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padmaraj

Hi friends,

I am Padmaraj from India. Doing M.Sc Electronics. In order to complete the programme i am doing a project titled "Tire Pressure Monitoring System".
For that i need a pressure sensor MPXY8020A6U. Unfortunatly its not available in India. The Sensor is manufactured by Motorola. I contacted them and they are saying that it comes only in bulks. I need just one piece. Is there anyone who can get me a sample piece of this IC.

If anyone is interested in helping me. Here is my address.

Padmaraj.G
Final Year M.Sc Electronics,
S.N.R.Sons College,
Coimbatore 641 006,
Tamil Nadu,
India.
ph: +919842280162

Thanking You
Padmaraj

That part number is not listed by Motorola, I think it may be obsolete. A part that may be useful to you is MPXM2202GS, a surface mount, 29 PSI max (guage) sensor. It is available from Digikey (www.digikey.com) for $8.07 US. Also, if you enter "pressure" (without the quotes) into the digikey search engine, there are 760 hits. You should find something there.

Hi Pad,
Hey, I'll try to help you out on this. No guarantees that I can do anything though. It's pretty much up to Motorola. I did get a link for a data sheet for this chip and I've included it if you want it. When I hear back from Motorola I'll send you a note and we'll both know what's up. Until then, good luck and keep trying.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/01/MPXY8020A.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back