Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To design&build an analogue study timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

charity

Please how do i go about designing and building an analogue study timer. How do i go about it and what do i need to do this.The timer should be able to time any activity for at least 3 hours.Also,is there a possibility for an alarm?

Analogue timer

3 hours is a bit long for an analogue timer. Does it have to be analogue?

I assume you want to be able to press a button to start ther timer and have an alarm sound when it expires. Is this so?

An analogue design is possible, but a digital solution would be better.

I could design either for you if you wish. Just tell me your requirements.

Len

analogue timer

As ljcox pointed out digital would be probably easier. The 555 timer IC is a good choice, but for long periods the leakage of the timing capacitor prevents the time from being accurate and consistant repeatable times.
It is possible to set the timer as a astable oscillator at a higher frequency, followed by one or two cmos binary counters like the 4040 or 4060 and use gating to stop the count and turn on an alarm.
I too would be glad to help with a design

Re: Analogue timer

ljcox said:
3 hours is a bit long for an analogue timer. Does it have to be analogue?

I assume you want to be able to press a button to start ther timer and have an alarm sound when it expires. Is this so?

An analogue design is possible, but a digital solution would be better.

I could design either for you if you wish. Just tell me your requirements.

Len

Yes.It should be analogue.It should have a button to start the timer and it should have an alarm.Thank you so much Len.I am expecting your reply.
-Charity.

Analogue timer

Circuit attached

Attachments

• Charity_s_circuit.gif
    Charity_s_circuit.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 282
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back