Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tmc1715

Status
Not open for further replies.
What package is the chip in? An 18 pin DIP package?

It is. I can find a other TCM17xx devices that are from the same family with similar functionality - 2wire to 4 wire phone chip. The 1715 is inside a home telephone I have been given.
I wish to modify the ear piece audio path as a deaf persons aid.

It is. I can find a other TCM17xx devices that are from the same family with similar functionality - 2wire to 4 wire phone chip. The 1715 is inside a home telephone I have been given.
I wish to modify the ear piece audio path as a deaf persons aid.

The only one closest to that one is the NTE1715 (in an 18 pin DIP package). The NTE1715 is some sort of display driver. NTE makes components which are mostly retired now, which were made by other manufacturers, like vintage op-amps, etc...

Does this phone thing have a display? If it does, is it that blue-ish glowing type?

Could you get a few pictures of the board? If not, maybe draw out the circuit the chip is in?.. that can help a LOT when trying to find obsolete parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back