Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tinkering with an idea and need some input

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleinde

hi
i'm new to this forum, my back ground is industrial electrician and plc programer. i need to boot a computer without it seeing a usb hub that is connected to one of it's usb ports. this computer boots puppy linux from a usb pin drive.

i'm thinking that using the 5v from the usb hub to run a timer that will cut the power to the hub for 30 to 60 seconds just long enough for the computer to get past the bios , so i guess i need a delay on circuit .

hi mneary
i need it to boot to one usb port, in another port i have a usb hub the external usb hub is what i need to hide from the bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back