Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timestamping data on data aquisition project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamer1

I've been working hard on a data aquisition system using a pic 16f877a and 16c765. External IC's samples an analog waveform and perform a/d. But, the samples aren't exactly evenly spaced to plot, so I need any help on an efficient way to time-stamp the data somehow. My knowledge of timers on PIC is limited too, please help

:D

Flamer1 said:
I've been working hard on a data aquisition system using a pic 16f877a and 16c765. External IC's samples an analog waveform and perform a/d. But, the samples aren't exactly evenly spaced to plot, so I need any help on an efficient way to time-stamp the data somehow. My knowledge of timers on PIC is limited too, please help

:D

There are various 'clock' IC's available, most of which can be battery backed so they keep correct time even when power is off - by adding one of those you could accurately date and time stamp all readings.

You can make use of I2C Real Time Clock IC like DS1307 : Cheap and easy way of implementing RTC in embedded systems.

DS1307 is Real Time Clock IC with max. 1Hz squarewave output.

But then what is the time interval u need ? That will decide which clock to go for isn't it 8)

Is you change the standard crystal (32.768 kHz) to 3.2768 MHz for DS1307, it is possible to achieve resolution of micro-seconds.

vik1501 said:
DS1307 is Real Time Clock IC with max. 1Hz squarewave output.

But then what is the time interval u need ? That will decide which clock to go for isn't it 8)

1Hz is not the max. that you get at its output. According to the datasheet, 32.768 kHz can be achieved using 32.768 kHz crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back