Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

timer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatty

i got a project to design a timer that counts from 0.1sec to 99.9 sec, it needs to be done using PIC16F628A in C language and the numbers should be shown on a 3*7 segment display LED, a start stop and reset buttons should also connected to the circuit.
i got little ideas but not sure how to start.......plz help.......thanx
fatty:confused:

Try google, there has to be one out there.

Try 16F84 in place of 16F628. Make a one line addition to set porta as digital and you should be OK. CMCOM = 7

fatty said:
for this project am only allowed to use PIC16F628A

He meant for googling, the 16F628 was the replacement for the 16F84, so there's a lot of stuff out their for the 16F84 which will work with VERY minor changes for the 16F828.

Your BIG problem is the requirement for C, most code out there is assembler.

But as this is an assignment, then you must have been given enough tutition in class - unless you didn't pay attention?. An assignment is for testing what you know, so it's important that YOU do the assignment, and not cheat by getting help!.

Do you have specific questions? Do you already know how buttons, displays, resistors, etc. are connected to the uC?
Suggestion: don't use floating point variables. You can use only integer ones.

I guess you were taught to multiplex 7-segment LED displays.. You can't write the code if you don't decide the connections.. Do you have a list of parts?? Do you use c.c. or c.a. displays? Are you free to decide?

the project only has a PIC16F628A 3 LEDS, resistors because its suppose to count from 0.1 sec to 99.9sec , connecting 5V to the decimal point it leaves it turned on.
i need the timer to be able to start stop and restart.
the 3 LEDS can be connected, but a program is needed for each 1

Just search and use 16F84, not 16F628. A couple is weeks ago I found one on the web doing just that with 2 7-seg displays not 3 (0-99).

I was looking to make a basketball score keeper for the kids and saw it in my searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back