Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer Kit modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi guys,

Ive been looking at timer kits and i seem to have found the perfect solution, nearly.

Here is a link:

https://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/MK-111/305/ADJ._INTERVAL_TIMER_KIT_.html

The trouble is it says this:

Pulse time adjustable between 0.5 and 5 seconds. Pause time adjustable between 2.5 and 60 seconds

But i would need a pulse time of about 2 mins and a pause time of about 12 hours. can this be done by altering the resistors, if so, how do i find out what values they need to be replaced with?

Im not after 2 hours of cycle, just 2 mins. And i would need it to turn on every 12 hours.

One guys said this in a review:

I used this timer to cycle a small 12v water pump for six hours a day last summer. I built another similar device for this summer and so far this new timer is working flawlessly.

So im guessing it must be possible in one way or another but i dont know how since i dont know a lot about electronics.

Can anyone help?

There's no need to bump, the thread.

You asked whether the could be modified to give you the delay you wanted and we've told you, you can't.

I know it can be done, people have done it with the same kit, my problem was i didnt know how, i was hoping you would...

It can be modifies for longer delays up to 10 miniutes or so but not for 12 hours.

Right ok, does anyone know of a similar circuit that i can buy whch will allow me to turn on my unit for about 2 mins every 12 hours?

Yes but it isn't as simple.

There are several ways, you could use a microcontroler or build an oscillator that generates a pulse every two miniutes and connect it up to a divide by 360 counter (use a >9-bit counter with a reset on 360) and connect the output to an array of gates so it goes high at 0001.

I know very little about electronics and i dont think i would be able to make this. Are there any kits or premade circuits?

Not that I'm aware of.

You can buy small digital timers that plug into the wall, this will allow you to program when a device is turned on an off to the nearest miniute during a 24 hour period.

Why do you want to do this?

I assume you want to turn something on for two miniutes every 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back