Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Time for MICRO-CHANGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All very valid points. C also seems pretty much the defacto 'standard' for professional/commercial development.

Mike

I agree with all that has been said about C but do find that often mc code written in C is inefficient due to a lack of understanding of the underlying hardware. So, I would add to the discussion, learn to read data sheets at the same time as you learn C or if you know C, take time to read the relevant sections in the data sheet.

Mike.

I should have mentioned I enjoy programming in C18, BASIC, and Assembler and I recognize strengths and weaknesses in each. I agree it does take more time to write a program in Assembler than it would to write the same program in C18 or BASIC.

I really shouldn't encourage or discourage the use of one language over another. I can write tight, simple, elegant code in each. I can also write loose, sloppy, unintelligent code in each.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back