Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

time delay project help

Status
Not open for further replies.

risingphenix

I need help making a circuit that has a time delay of 0.5 seconds after a contact closes and activates 9 LEDs with a power source of 3 AAA batteries (a small flashlight).

You need a few transistors, resistors and an electrolytic. You haven't explained yourself clearly. Is this what you want:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
It's a paintball gun project...basically, when I pull the trigger, a flashlight (9LEDs with 3 AAA batteries) turns on for just a split second. The thing is that people are reacting to the flash than the sound of the paintball. I was thinking of making a time delay of only a split second. If I am still unclear, I'm really sorry, I'm not really an electrician or anything

So you want the 0.4 second timing of the flashlight to be delayed 0.25 seconds.

When the person pulls the trigger and the LEDs flash, how long after this flash will the person pull the trigger again?

It's called the RESET value. I need to know the length of time in milliseconds or seconds.

Last edited:
So you want the 0.4 second timing of the flashlight to be delayed 0.25 seconds.

When the person pulls the trigger and the LEDs flash, how long after this flash will the person pull the trigger again?

It's called the RESET value. I need to know the length of time in milliseconds or seconds.
Did you get a PM with those numbers? I don't see them in the thread.:confused:

I see, that is true...my next triggerpull might be too close to the time delay...darn, my little brainiac idea might not work after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back