Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tilt switch and RF transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhectic

I'm trying to make something which transmits a radio signal when it shakes.

I thought about using a tilt switch to sense the vibrations, but with this constant back and forth motion, will the transmitter have enough power to send a singal as it will always be in a state of on and off when the tilt switch shakes.

In theory should this work or will the transmit fail to send a signal?

thanks

in theory it should work however if you are using an encoder& decoder chip in the circuit it may not have time to to send and recieve the code

Yeah im thinking that the circuit might not have enough time to send various messages around.

Would a piezo vibration sensor be a better solution in that case?
the tilt switch is good because the circuit is only active when the circuit is closed, so i save battery life. Would a piezo vibration sensor consume battery even when not in use?

What exect said. But, if you only want a temporary, fixed length transmission look for monostable multivibrator circuits.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back