Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tilt Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnnewton

Ok, I am trying to get good sensitivity for a full 360 degrees. the problem is that the sensors available (x,y) loose their sensitivity and the z axis sensors responds to tilt in both directions. I am using the mma1260 and mma2260 sensors.

So what I want to do is mount two x axis sensors perpendicular to each other. The problem is the securing of a small pcb at a right angle to the main pcb. what parts can i use to securely fasten a pcb at a right angle and allow for signals (analog and power) to reach the main pcb?

The easy way would be to use epoxy to join the boards. Use wire jumpers to connect the signals and power.

You could also use small right angle brackets with threaded holes. Drill the boards to match the brackets and secure with screws.

You could used an edge connector socket and plug a PCB into it.

3v0 said:
The easy way would be to use epoxy to join the boards. Use wire jumpers to connect the signals and power.

You could also use small right angle brackets with threaded holes. Drill the boards to match the brackets and secure with screws.

You could used an edge connector socket and plug a PCB into it.

here are my thoughts:
1. epoxy and jumpers might not last and it would be hard to get the angle consistant from board to board

2. Do you have a recommendation on where to get R/A brackets?

3. I like this the best, can you recommend a 5-8 pin connector that will be secured other than by clip or just friction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back