Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TI DRV8825 Eagle files/HTSSOP28PWP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wys

Hello all, I am new to here and to the world of pcb. I am currently working on a project on Eagle to create TI DRV8825 stepper https://www.ti.com/product/DRV8825 (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/02/drv8825.pdf). The DRV8825 is using HTSSOP28PWP package, which is available in the default texas.lbr file. I create a new symbol file in eagle, 14pins on each side, and create a device with the HTSSOP28PWP package and the new symbol I created. I then connect the pins up.

I can now "add" the device in a new schematic, can I get guidance on how do proceed? I appreciate if there's similar tutorial on stepper driver too. Thanks.

Hi,

once the symbol and package are defined you can create a device easily.

Just follow these steps:

Click "device" - "New".

Enter the name of the device. You'll get a question if you want to create a new device. Answer should be "yes".

The pop up window shows you where to enter the device's name. Enter the name and "Enter".

A new window will pop up (completely empty).

Click "Add" and pick the symbol you created.

Place the symbol centered on the 0/0 (X/Y) reference mark.

Next assign a package for the device.

Select the package "HTSSOP28PWP"

Now give the IC a name, either "U" or "IC", whatever you prefer for a device name.

Finally connect pins (out of the symbol) to pads (out of the package).

Save and done!

Boncuk

Thank you Boncuk for your detailed explanation. I have the device ready and want to proceed on turning it into DRV8825. Do I create a new schematic and use the "add" to add the device? What's the step to move forward? Appreciate any help, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back