Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thyristor for DC speed control (help required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiing

Hello everyone .. I'm new member in this forum and I hope to be welcomed here..
I have a final yera project which is speed control for DC motor by varying the firing angle of thyristor.

my motor output voltage is 100v at least.
the thing I have read a lot of thyristor controlling part, but a lot of theory drove me crazy..
my real problem is when I see the symbol circuit in books, it juz contain of Ac supply,thyristor and the motor..

I really need to know how to start the designing, what components to include and why must be included (why is it every time I see a circuit, it contains of a lot of components) and how to control the firing angle of the thyristor. (sorry but my practical principles are very weak)
( there is a lot of information I need to know and ur help is really appreciated )

thanx a lot

Kiing
:)

Any more?
I've already googled it my self..
If I'd found in Google , I wouldn't be seeking help here..

Re your PM.

You are a final year student and should know this stuff. It is not our job to get you through your final years. In fact, I would feel liable should you kill someone through your lack of knowledge. Revisit my link and read lots and then you might be suitably qualified to call yourself an engineer.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back