Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Three-Axis Digital Compass IC HMC5883L

Status
Not open for further replies.

micropad

Dear All
I need to write a program for above Compass and result should put to the LCD
Can I have the sample code only for compass reading and writing part
I am using 16f877a mcu
I did not see this module(HMC5883L) in the proteus and any body could know similer part number that existing Proteus please advice
Thanks in advance

These parts may never be modeled in Proteus.... When I need to test my software... ie... HMC6352.. I used the I2C debugger to replicate (sort of ) the device..
I some times use a "I2C adc device" instead, to retrieve a changing value.....

Last edited:
Dear Rogers,
Thank you so much for reply
Actually I do not have idea about "I2C debugger" and "I2C adc device", those are software ?

Can you please advice further about this
Thanks in advance

When working with I2C devices... You can attach the virtual instrument I2C debugger.. This monitors the protocol so you can see where things go wrong!!

BUT!!! You can also use it as a slave / master to test.... If you go to the VSM help file and look under "Virtual Instruments"... Second from the bottom you will find "I2C Protocol Analyser" It explains it well here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back