Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thoughts on SSM2475 as a general purpose opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
erm just as the title says really, i know its meant as a audio opamp but would it be any good as a general purpose opamp instead of say using the erm 741 i only ask as i have a chance to buy 100 of them really cheap but as i am only a kid my pocket money and wages are very low so i have to spend really careful and dont want to buy them if they are not any good, i liked the fact they are rail to rail and single or dual supply, but is there any reason they wouldnt be any good as a gen purpose opamp?

LG: Would have been nice to have seen a datasheet link: https://www.analog.com/en/obsolete/ssm2475/products/product.html

Good things:
Almost rail to rail, higher output current 50 vs 10-20
GBW respectable at 8 MHz

bad things:
probably a more expensive amp in general.
Offset voltage is OK - maybe not great.
Higher supply current.
Obsolete

You might want to design pretending it can't source and sink 50 mA.

Check pin-outs for possible future replacements.

sorry about datasheet i will remember in future! the reason i was asking is because i have the chance of some cheap (100 or £10) so thought if they were good as a general amp i would grab them and add to my stuff for future use, i dont have anything in particular in mind at present except maybe for boosting my current sense resistor output from around 14 mA to 1.4V-2V for a pic's ADC

It is a good opamp but it is obsolete. So when yours are gone then they will be gone forever.

i will get 20 for general use, most the projects i build i put all ic's in sockets so if needed i can use the ic elsewhere :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back