thoughts on SSM2475 as a general purpose opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
erm just as the title says really, i know its meant as a audio opamp but would it be any good as a general purpose opamp instead of say using the erm 741 i only ask as i have a chance to buy 100 of them really cheap but as i am only a kid my pocket money and wages are very low so i have to spend really careful and dont want to buy them if they are not any good, i liked the fact they are rail to rail and single or dual supply, but is there any reason they wouldnt be any good as a gen purpose opamp?

LG: Would have been nice to have seen a datasheet link: https://www.analog.com/en/obsolete/ssm2475/products/product.html

Good things:
Almost rail to rail, higher output current 50 vs 10-20
GBW respectable at 8 MHz

bad things:
probably a more expensive amp in general.
Offset voltage is OK - maybe not great.
Higher supply current.
Obsolete

You might want to design pretending it can't source and sink 50 mA.

Check pin-outs for possible future replacements.

sorry about datasheet i will remember in future! the reason i was asking is because i have the chance of some cheap (100 or £10) so thought if they were good as a general amp i would grab them and add to my stuff for future use, i dont have anything in particular in mind at present except maybe for boosting my current sense resistor output from around 14 mA to 1.4V-2V for a pic's ADC

It is a good opamp but it is obsolete. So when yours are gone then they will be gone forever.

i will get 20 for general use, most the projects i build i put all ic's in sockets so if needed i can use the ic elsewhere .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…