Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This site is not secure (error when opening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
Today I get a Security Certificate Date error on this website on my Windows10

Attachments

• Electro-Tech error.png
    Electro-Tech error.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 260
Posting this from Firefox as chrome won't let me post anything on any device. Many could be having this problem.

Mike.
Edit, had to add this site to exceptions in Firefox.

Posting this from Firefox as chrome won't let me post anything on any device. Many could be having this problem.

Mike.
Edit, had to add this site to exceptions in Firefox.

Yeah, Firefox let's you add or remove it as an exception pretty easily. Looks like the certificate expired a few hours ago: Monday, September 23, 2019, 9:44:25 PM GMT

I’m getting a certificate error too with Win 10 & Edge.

They let me come here anyway against their advice.

Hi All... The certificate should be working properly now. The script to auto renew this failed yesterday. Well not failed but was waiting for MANUAL input of a Y to overwrite :/ Anyhow... We're moving over to a different provider soon.

All seems OK here.
Thankyou Dave.

JimB

Thanks for the fix. I hope the change to the new provider goes smoothly.

Probably related, redirection to HTTPS site does not work, and on the HTTP site I cannot login, due to the "cookie consent" not being recognized or asked again, I get this error message when trying to log in.
"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. "

earlier today (3 hours ago) was getting a 502 (bad gateway) error. tried again now, and everything working again (obviously since i'm adding this post)... that usually indicates a problem with the server configuration. if you are using a provider, the ball is in their court.
Well not failed but was waiting for MANUAL input of a Y to overwrite :/
that makes it a "semiautomatic" script.... in most scripting languages there are ways around that... but then again if it's a certificate, you do want to make sure it's correct before overwriting the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back