Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This has got to be a record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I recently ordered some components from Farnell (Element14) and a part order arrived two days ago. Yesterday arrived a second package and today a third. The third package had the rest of my order except for what was in the second package. Here's a picture,
20170706_150709.jpg

The content of this package can be seen on the bargraph - one 1206 resistor!! They had sent 49 in the first package and then must have found a spare and immediately sent it on it's own. Madness.

Mike.

I just checked the contents of each package. I'd order 100 22k 1208 resistors. In the first package was 59, the second contained 1 and the third had 40. All sent 1 day apart.

The mind boggles.

Mike.

At least they were flexible packages and would fit in a mail box. DigiKey seems only to use rigid boxes, the smallest one seems to be 9" x 9" x 1", even for a single chip. That and anything larger will not fit my rural mailbox, so it can create a bit of a problem and at least a day's delay in delivery. That has been a cause of frustration.

Were the packages from different warehouses?

John

Edit: Fixed spelling of "from."

Last edited:
Were the packages form different warehouses?

John

I was about to ask the same. In an automated system that could explain the sequence of events.

I was about to ask the same. In an automated system that could explain the sequence of events.

Maybe the Mail Service hacked the Parts Database to squeeze some additional shipping costs.

kv

Here is another interesting one. I ordered some stuff from the electronic gold mine in Arizona.
It got handled wrong by the USPS, but the box was in pristine shape when I got it. Look at the tracking info.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    188.9 KB · Views: 322
I think an employee at Element14 was protecting his/her job. On the first shipment it had 50 resistors crossed out and 49 writen in pencil. Looks like, rather than correct it on the computer, they simply put 1 resistor in a A4 jiffy bag and posted it.

All three parcels were from the same depot!

Mike.

Farnel has a 24 hour policy, they are really proud of it, in the UK they are based in leeds and really great people. i have spoken to them loads on the phone, when i lived in devon some 250 miles from them, i ordered something to be delivered before 9am the following day (not sure they do that now). The courier messed up and it didnt turn up at all that day, i called them 4:45pm to moan at them.

the following morning was a CAR with a employee who had driven down from leeds with my £15 worth of goods!!! this was a few years ago, but guess who i always use when it matters ;). great company and Vanessa on the main switch board has a gorgeous voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back