This has got to be a record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I recently ordered some components from Farnell (Element14) and a part order arrived two days ago. Yesterday arrived a second package and today a third. The third package had the rest of my order except for what was in the second package. Here's a picture,
The content of this package can be seen on the bargraph - one 1206 resistor!! They had sent 49 in the first package and then must have found a spare and immediately sent it on it's own. Madness.

Mike.

I just checked the contents of each package. I'd order 100 22k 1208 resistors. In the first package was 59, the second contained 1 and the third had 40. All sent 1 day apart.

The mind boggles.

Mike.

At least they were flexible packages and would fit in a mail box. DigiKey seems only to use rigid boxes, the smallest one seems to be 9" x 9" x 1", even for a single chip. That and anything larger will not fit my rural mailbox, so it can create a bit of a problem and at least a day's delay in delivery. That has been a cause of frustration.

Were the packages from different warehouses?

John

Edit: Fixed spelling of "from."

Last edited:
Here is another interesting one. I ordered some stuff from the electronic gold mine in Arizona.
It got handled wrong by the USPS, but the box was in pristine shape when I got it. Look at the tracking info.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    188.9 KB · Views: 333
I think an employee at Element14 was protecting his/her job. On the first shipment it had 50 resistors crossed out and 49 writen in pencil. Looks like, rather than correct it on the computer, they simply put 1 resistor in a A4 jiffy bag and posted it.

All three parcels were from the same depot!

Mike.

Farnel has a 24 hour policy, they are really proud of it, in the UK they are based in leeds and really great people. i have spoken to them loads on the phone, when i lived in devon some 250 miles from them, i ordered something to be delivered before 9am the following day (not sure they do that now). The courier messed up and it didnt turn up at all that day, i called them 4:45pm to moan at them.

the following morning was a CAR with a employee who had driven down from leeds with my £15 worth of goods!!! this was a few years ago, but guess who i always use when it matters . great company and Vanessa on the main switch board has a gorgeous voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…