Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thinnest single sided copper clad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you considered flexi ribbon PCB ? (obviously you have to use a PCB house). What do you need it for ?

Reactions: Buk
What do you need it for ?
I need to form an isolated +ve contact to one side of a piezo ceramic ring:
1633986649333.png

But it needs to be strong enough to withstand a preload pressure from a spring washer on the insulated side; but I'm working in a tight space.
I'm thinking something like this:

1633987670309.png

With a bolt through the middle and a cone washer pressing the two together; and the -ve size to the body of the device..

But kapton (flex circuit) would be thinner, but may be too flexible.
Its more a case of I think the oscillations of the piezo and the steel cone washer would wear throught the kapton.

May happen with grp of PCB also, but should take much longer.

I've thought about gluing a mica or mylar washer to the back of a piece of kapton ciruit; but I wouldn't know where to buy (or even if you can) a blank piece of kapton pcb?

I'd try contacting a fabricator of flex circuits to see what the technical spec's of the material are.

I've never done any flex circuits so I have no recommendations to share. But I expect there are other ETO members here who may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back