Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermoelectric Coolers (TEC) or Peltier Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I said a large heat sink..............that wasnt exactly what I had in mind lol, although the bigger the better
THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE THAT ONE.
It Weighs about 11 Pounds (5 Kg)

OK, In Soldering Iron rated at 220V there is Diode in series as shown what is the use of it?
You really need to back up your posts with schematics or something as we are not going to guess!!

If you are saying this you obviously have a schematic or you wouldn't know it was there!!! If you don't help us we can't help you..... Your posts lately have become more and more minimal.... If you don't know what a datasheet means when it states specifications and you have no idea why a diode is being used, then how the hell can you start teaching students.... I fear gravely for your graduates!!!

I mean does heating depend on half wave DC or AC Current through it?

Attachments

• 2015-11-11 16.46.53.jpg
    2015-11-11 16.46.53.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 145
This question is just wrong... and very reminiscent of previous members who ask for clarification, completely ignore responses and then blithely proceed on to next unfathomably ridiculous question that reveals a astonishingly(and me think's a total put on) shallow understanding of the basics... .

Could be wrong, of course :banghead:.

What say, koolguy? (and happy Diwali to you as well!)

This question is just wrong... and very reminiscent of previous members who ask for clarification, completely ignore responses and then blithely proceed on to next unfathomably ridiculous question that reveals a astonishingly(and me think's a total put on) shallow understanding of the basics... .

Could be wrong, of course :banghead:.

What say, koolguy? (and happy Diwali to you as well!)
Thanks Sir

Happy Vishwakarma puja to All.

Attachments

• vi.jpg
    vi.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 134
  • vish.jpg
    vish.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 117
  • vishh.jpg
    vishh.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Vishwakarma-Puja-Wallpapers-2.jpg
    Vishwakarma-Puja-Wallpapers-2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 119
Most Irons have a triac ( I think it will be connected to the three wires you have exposed ) If you google "220vac soldering iron circuit" you'll see what I mean.... The triac is gated by a diac, so that's what I think you are seeing!!

koolguy said:
in post #24 there is series Diode what the use of it here?

Without seeing the Circuit it connects to, It is Not Possible to know its real purpose.

Yes, heating could depend on heating with AC or half wave DC, but that diode looks too Small to be used for that purpose.

Koolguy, Where do you Live? Country?
How Old are You?

the diode is 1N4007 1amsp is not less with 220v.
i think we got it beacuse the iron is 25W
so, power = Voltage x Current
25=230xi
i= 0.108Amp

Yes Possibly, if the Iron is Direct 220 Volts.
But Many Irons use a transformer and operate at a lower voltage.

How Old are You?

Yes Possibly, if the Iron is Direct 220 Volts.
But Many Irons use a transformer and operate at a lower voltage.

How Old are You?

hello sir,
i remember you on your circuit inverter, India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back