Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

There is one thing Id like to know about ltspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

Yep just one how the heck do us it LOL
I did this but can't figure to save my life how to set the parts.
L1 is a antenna couldn't find nothing else I'm taking the reading at R1 with a DVM set on 200 mV it works in real life to read
RMF from lights cill phone microwave things like that. I know that the read just mostly tells you there is RMF waves I guess
It works Tv it show 14mV not near nothing 0 mV walkie talkie off the scale 500mV microwave 50 mV

rft.png

Attachments

• rfTester.pdf
    140 KB · Views: 186
  • Draft1.asc
    975 bytes · Views: 189
Last edited:
You can not leave a part not connected. L1 for example. A antenna connects to the world of RF and static. So I added a 1mhz 1volt signal source to make a signal for the receiver. Green is the input. Red is the output.

To see the voltages, after "run" (the picture of a man running) click on a wire.

Attachments

• Draft1-ron.asc
    1.3 KB · Views: 183
Does this help any?
Someone looking for 1N270, but a responder posted specs for 1N34A:

Well i found this but a can't seem to add it
.MODEL 1N34A D(IS=2.6u RS=6.5 N=1.6 CJO=0.8p EG=0.67 BV=25 IBV=0.003 Type=GePunctualContact)

How do I add it tho I figured it out I added it to the diode file in ltspice cmp

Last edited:
Sussed it out....
Copy all of the text from the link above in post #6.
Paste it into a new text document and save it as "standard.dio".
Replace standard.dio in your program_files/LTC/LTspiceIV/lib/cmp folder.

ETO 1N34A.png

I got it to work I just added the
.MODEL 1N34A D(IS=2.6u RS=6.5 N=1.6 CJO=0.8p EG=0.67 BV=25 IBV=0.003 Type=GePunctualContact)
to the D standard file

I got it to work I just added the
to the D standard file
Was just going to suggest that, but you posted.
There may also be other devices in that link, that you want to add.

Regards.

I just tried it on Win10 and I do not have permission to do that. I have done that on all other Windows versions.
I'm still on win 8.1, maybe Burt's file edit can work?

Next problem is I knew I needed the
You can not leave a part not connected. L1 for example. A antenna
But I can't find the V1 to add it But I took Ron's file and did change the diodes and sim it Thanks
Im look and see how the V1 is done now.
I don't know nothing about ltspice
Where do you find Voltage source to add V1 if you don't mined telling me.

Last edited:
"voltage" almost last thing. Then go to advanced and fill in voltage (which is peak) and frequency.

Where do you find Voltage source to add V1 if you don't mined telling me.
Select 'component' and scroll to the right, to find 'voltage'.

EDIT: also, please indicate an edit to your posts, otherwise it can become confusing.

Any one doing this on Windows10. How to save "standard.dio" I do not have permission and I am "Local Account Administrator". I can not change from read only.

I'm using windows 10 the latest copy I can edit the standard.dio I didn't try to add the whole list http://ltwiki.org/index.php?title=Standard.dio
I figured out how to find V1 you use the F2 key and a window pops up LOL
Thanks to Ron I know how that works and thanks to Mick I now have a 1n34a in there LOL

Ron do you have these C:\Users\YOUR-NAME-HERE\Documents\LTspiceXVII
If so you can edit those files

Thanks I was trying to edit c:\Program Files\…… like we did years ago.
In Win10, LTspice instals itself by default in the Program Files path, but also copies to the .....Documents path. When running, it only seems to look in the Documents path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back