Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The world has gone awry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

Seriously people, what can be said about a people that puts this into the headlines of media

Special solar eclipse
The first total solar eclipse in 2 years will blot out the sun on Aug. 1.

While this bit of info is eclipsed by the former headline

Sixteen bombs explode in western India, killing 29 people

So it seems that people are more interested in a solar event than what is happening around our globe. Where must our priorities be? I dunno, it just seems that people no longer care about our fellow neighbor. I recall earlier this week of many deaths in some other land, but this was page B-3 of the newspaper, what was on the headlines were that the Corey brothers moved to some town??? Holy cow, what does this say about our priorities?

I mean really people, have we all become so self absorbed that we no longer care about human pain, suffering and the loss of life? We have immunized ourselves from our surroundings. Out of sight out of mind.

Maybe I am getting to worked up about things, I suppose I should develop a hard shell and no longer care, but I can't, and I will not.

So go ahead, let me have it...

Last edited:
Sometimes it's a good idea to take a break from worldly death and destruction happening almost continuously these days. Headlines aren't about what's important, its to grab your attention so you want to buy the paper.

Sometimes it's a good idea to take a break from worldly death and destruction happening almost continuously these days. Headlines aren't about what's important, its to grab your attention so you want to buy the paper.

Yeah, you might be right, I think I am having a self righteous moment :)
Constant pain and misery would be depressing, but then again we should not forget that it exist.

Since I been taking this prednisone, I can't shut the hell up...

Last edited:
Seriously people, what can be said about a people that puts this into the headlines of media

Special solar eclipse
The first total solar eclipse in 2 years will blot out the sun on Aug. 1.

While this bit of info is eclipsed by the former headline

Sixteen bombs explode in western India, killing 29 people

So it seems that people are more interested in a solar event than what is happening around our globe. Where must our priorities be?

The solar event is a special fairly rare event, which has a far wider effect on the planet. The unfortunate deaths is a commonplace occurance, and has minimal effect apart from in a very tiny area.

Another thing to consider is the newspaper's perspective. Many newspapers have come to realize that their role has changed in the past 10 years. They are no longer the source for world news, because of Internet and other means of electronic access.

If you run a newspaper, your job is to sell newspapers. You can't sell newspapers that simply repeat the news everyone already knows about. As an example, the largest newspaper in Cleveland has changed its editorial policy to report primarily local and regional news, which is something much harder to get on the Internet.

Unfortunately, the local news is usually just the most recent horrendous crimes. So, that leaves Arts, Entertainment, Solar Eclipses, etc. that might be of interest to someone is is just sick of reading and hearing about crime and the government's desperate attempt to avoid doing anything about it.

John

The solar event is a special fairly rare event, which has a far wider effect on the planet. The unfortunate deaths is a commonplace occurance, and has minimal effect apart from in a very tiny area.

The death of a single child of God is far more important than any meaningless eclipse unless your a Builderberg. Then it could be an occasion to kill many more.

The death of a single child of God is far more important than any meaningless eclipse unless your a Builderberg.

Be of more meaning if such murders weren't commonly done under in the name of religion - humans are only a small part of these planet, and are pretty meaningless in the great scheme of things.

Let's just pretend there is a single person that loves every person on earth as his/her own child. Can you imagine the pain that person experiences when one of his/her children is murdered so ruthlessly.
That is not the end, what about the pain caused by the one who triggered the bomb, or pulled the trigger on that AK.
Earth must cry at such atrocities.

If I had to react that way for every human tragedy occuring on this planet, I'd be on a lifetime prescription of antidepressants, and establish a revolving door with a psychiatrist or two. Considering the sheer amount of humans on this planet, as well as the great distances that separate us, it's reasonable to simply pause, reflect, offer a prayer, or similar out of respect for a fellow human being regardless if we knew them or not. I have done that often.

hitech, you're a true example.

That was kinda what I meant with earth must cry.
Problem is earth just keeps going on and doesn't care if it cannot make a buck from it.
Or, maybe I'm wrong. I just get that feeling.
But the prayer and reflect idea is a real good idea. We take that for granted.
I mean imagine you lost your brother, sister, father, mother, son, daughter or wife today. Imagine what some people are going through.
The thought of it can almost bring a tear to your eye.
I've seen to many people being shot dead point blank, it kinda is really depressing.
thanks for the thought

I've seen to many people being shot dead point blank, it kinda is really depressing.
thanks for the thought

My point exactly and things like this should never happen. Sure Brittney Spears may be fun to watch, but I think it is the media that must be responsible to inform the world of the atrocities that occur in the world. And when we do read the paper we should get pissed, we should get depressed, but our depression does not even compare to some of the terror that goes on in the world. When we get pissed and depressed enough, maybe, just maybe we will act in some small way like call or write our political leaders and when enough people speak out, maybe then action will be taken.

I feel that taking a blind eye approach because it makes us sad is just plain apathy and complacency and we are just as guilty as those who perpetrate the crimes. Someone needs to stand up for those who live in an unjust and cruel world. No one deserves a life of terror.

I really wish I had an answer, but I don’t think anyone does, but at the same time I know becoming apathetic is not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back